Love on Yourself DIY Recipes Inspired by Valentines
Would you believe me if I told you I hate Valentines day?
I never enjoyed how commercialized it was and how it felt so.....hmmm.....what is the word....forced.
But now that I have a little man I am much more interested in Valentines can represent to every one, not just to those in a partnership.
I remember how fun Valentines was growing up.
Every morning I woke up and my mom always had a gift for us. Something small to let us know that we were the ones who stole her heart.
And there was ALWYAS cinnamon hearts.
I would pack that bag in my coat and suck on them all day long at school. That got me thinking about all of the amazing things that surround us on this heart filled day:
hadn't written valentines
heart shaped cakes
red velvet cupcakes
red + pink hearts decorating walls, windows + streets
red roses prominently displayed (my favourite flower)
hand made crafts
So instead of having this day be just for those who are in a loving committed relationship - how about we change it to "Love On Me" and find a ton of ways to love all over ourselves and those around us!Care to join me?
Love On Me Bath Blend:
Run a hot bath and mix in:
💧1 cup of Epsom salts or Himalayan salt
💧1 drop of Sandalwood
💧2 drops of Wild Orange
💧2 drops of Ylang Ylang
Soak for up to 20 minThink happy thoughts and all the things you are grateful for in your life
Love My Home Diffuser Blend:
Add these oils to your diffuser to create a comfortable and cozy atmosphere. Perfect for chilling on the couch with a book or a movie.
💧1 drop of Arborvitae
💧2 drops of Citrus Bliss
💧2 drops of Sandalwood
I am Sexy Massage Oil:
In a clean re-usable 15ml oil bottle add:
💧5 drops of Ginger
💧3 drops of Cinnamon
💧3 drops of Peppermint
💧5 drops of Wild Orange
Top with Fractionated Coconut OilUse with a partner for a sensual and sexy massage
Warning - this may cause things to heat up :-)
Use this to invigorate your mood and moisturize your skin after a shower or bath.Warning - do not use before bed as this blend may keep you awake :-)
Love Thyself Roller Bottle Blend
In a 10ml roller bottle add:
💧 5 drops of Bergamot
💧 5 drops of Clary Sage
💧 5 drops of Frankincense
💧 5 drops of Geranium
💧 5 drops of Ylang YlangTop with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
Application:Apply to pulse points and draw a heart on your heart centre.
Affirmation (to be repeated during and after application):I am love myself, my body and my spirit.I am overflowing with joy, vitality and energy.My body is healthy. My mind is brilliant. My heart is at peace. My soul is tranquil.I am thankful for who I have become and who I am growing to be.
WHY THESE OILS:
The Oil of Self-Acceptance
* Bergamot relieves feelings of despair, self-judgment and low self-esteem.
* It supports the individual in need of self-acceptance and self-love.
* It imparts true self-acceptance.
* Teaches individuals to let go of self-judgment by learning to love themselves unconditionally.
Clary Sage: The Oil of Clarity & Vision
* Clary Sage assists individuals in changing their perceptions and it gives courage to “see” the truth.
* Clary Sage dispels darkness and illusion, helping a person to see their limiting belief systems.
* Clary Sage opens the soul to new possibilities and experiences.
* Clary Sage increases one’s ability to visualize and imagine new possibilities.
* Clary Sage teaches the spirit how to use its divinely given gifts and is especially helpful in clarifying spiritual vision.
Frankincense: The Oil of Truth
* Frankincense reveals deceptions and false truths.
* It invites individuals to let go of lower vibrations, lies, deceptions and negativity.
* It is a powerful cleanser of spiritual darkness.
* Through connecting the soul with its inner light, this oil reveals the truth.
* Frankincense shields the body and soul from negative influences and assists the soul in its spiritual evolution.
* Through the light and power of Frankincense, the individual can draw closer to divinity and the grandeur of the True Self.
Geranium: The Oil of Love & Trust
* Geranium restores confidence in the innate goodness of others and in the world.
* It facilitates trust, especially when an individual has lost trust in others due to difficult life circumstances.
* When there has been a loss of trust in relationships, geranium encourages emotional honesty, love and forgiveness.
* It fosters receptivity to human love and connection.
* Geranium heals the broken heart.
* It encourages emotional honesty by facilitating the emergence of grief or pain that has been suppressed.
* Geranium softens anger and assists in healing emotional wounds.
* It assists in re-opening the heart so that love may flow freely.
* The individual who has a difficult time accessing their emotions can be supported by Geranium, as it leads away from the logical mind and into the warmth and nurture of the heart.
* At its root, Geranium heals the heart, instills unconditional love and fosters trust.
Ylang Ylang: The Oil of the Inner Child
* Ylang Ylang is a powerful remedy for the heart.
* Ylang Ylang reconnects an individual with the child self and the pure, simple ways of the heart. It encourages play and restores a childlike nature and innocence.
* It assists in accessing intuition or “heart knowing.”
* Ylang Ylang is also a powerful remedy for releasing emotional trauma from the past.
* Ylang Ylang also assists individuals in releasing bottled up emotions such as anger and sadness.
* Feelings that have been buried inside are easily brought to the light through Ylang Ylang’s assistance.
* This oil allows emotional healing to flow naturally, nurturing the heart through the process.
* It reminds the individual that joy can be felt and experienced more fully by allowing the heart its full range of emotions.
Text above is sourced from: Enlighten. Emotions & Essential Oils, 6th Edition: A Reference Guide for Emotional Healing
Love On Others Craft Corner:
If you are looking for ways to love on those around you or to make crafts with your littles then check out these sweet ideas. Or hop on over to Pinterest to get some inspired ideas. I should warn you though, if you visit Pinterest there is the possibility that you may lose hours of your life viewing pins! All worth it in my books!I hope that you enjoyed this "Love On You" post and that regardless of how you spend your Valentines day, it is filled with love, hearts and sweet treats!
All my love from France.
FREE DOWNLOADABLE LABEL:
Click the link to download the PDF version of the label. Click the Image to download the JPEG.
For My Rollerbottle Recipe Roundup and a full sheet of Free Downloadable Labels visit this post:
LABEL PRINTING INSTRUCTIONS:
Type of labels to purchase
For these labels it is best to buy the full 8.5 x 11 sheets to print your labels. I have found that there are so many labels out there so this was the only way I could figure out a solution. I am not sure how many different types of labels I purchased over time and how many were unsuccessful. Oh the wasted ink and added recycling ;-( You can buy full label sheets at any office store or online. As well, you can buy vinyl ones to help make them a more oil resistant. If you are going to purchase vinyl labels here is my suggestion: You need to look for the labels that match your printer type. For example - if you have laser jet they must be laser jet vinyl type labels- if you have ink jet - you must buy vinyl ink jet labels. One will not work with the other.
Printing & Prepping Tips
If vinyl are not an option for you then a really great way to make them water and oil resistant (as best as they can be) is to tape the entire sheet with packing tape (or even scotch tape) and then cut them out! As well, make sure you fill all of your roller bottles with the recipes before applying the label. You can wipe the bottle clean from any left over residue, dry and apply the labels. If you do the packing tape trick then when one end of the label meets the other, it has a hard time sticking together. To ensure the label sticks completely, where the ends meet, I apply a small piece of scotch tape that is the exact size of the label and width of the bottle.
Macintosh vs Personal Computer
I have a MacBook Pro so the PDF files that you purchased are very easy for me to maneuver. All I do is create a Pages document and pull the PDF files of the labels I want to print inside Pages and re-arrange them to maximize the sheet. The PDF files stay the size they are supposed to be and the whole thing is really seamless. I am told however that with a PC there are a few things to take note of. If you do not have adobe or you cannot add your PDF files to your said program (word or other applications) then please use the JPEGs folders for all of your files and insert those in your preferred program. To help eradicate this issue I have included a collage file with all of the labels on one sheet for ease of printing.
Happy roller bottle making ;-)